Gertrude Fletcher Sanderson (1872-1937) was born in Littleton, Massachusetts the daughter of George Webster Sanderson and Charlotte Tuttle Sanderson. She was a graduate of the Boston Art School and the Julian Academy of Art in Paris. Reflecting her lifelong residence in Littleton, she produced numerous oil and watercolor depictions of familiar views of landscapes and easily identifiable buildings.
She designed the Littleton Town Seal and was also the author of many poems on nature, some of which were published in Paris and some set to music. Recently, David Sanderson donated her portrait which is hanging in the meeting room of the Houghton Memorial building.
As of December 22, 2021 The Museum will be open Wednesdays 1-4PM. Visit us on the 2nd Sunday of every month 2-4PM starting January 2022.